Our cafe is open every Tuesday – Saturday from 9am – 4pm and every Sunday our hatch will be open from 9am – 4pm.
- Where possible, we have found local suppliers for our produce, because it offers the lowest environmental impact in terms of food miles traveled, supports the local economy and small businesses, just like us.
- Park Life is a grassroots organisation started by local residents to serve the community. We felt the cafe had to reflect this through the food by supporting local suppliers where possible, choosing suppliers who offer ‘real food’ that’s produced ethically and has as few unnecessary ingredients as possible.
- We are proud to make our own jams, pickles and fermented chilli sauce in-house.
- The meat is free range and produced locally through Burrow Farm – who farm on Killerton Estate. This was an ethical choice, as a community resource it was important to put ethics first by ensuring welfare standards are high, as is the quality of meat.
- We work with Sidwell St Bakery who are a community organisation and produce all the tray bakes, sourdough, pitta bread, tin loaf bread, cookies, donuts and cardamom buns we offer.They an an artisan bakery who make all of their products in-house in Sidwell St, and offer volunteering, training and many supportive initiatives to their local community.
- We aim to develop the menu as we go to keep it fresh and respond to how we can best serve our customers and community.
- There are volunteering opportunities in the cafe and hub and we hope to offer training and mentoring in the future.
- The menu was designed by Renee – Cafe Manager and Alex – Chef, to reflect our ideas about food. Together they wanted it to be as homemade as possible. A lot of thought has gone into the menu, to make as many items from scratch, whilst still making it possible in a (hopefully) busy environment. Both Renee and Alex love cooking and big flavours so hopefully that comes across.
- As a community cafe we tried to keep the prices as affordable as possible so not to exclude any parts of the wonderful community we live in.
- We will be introducing a pay it forward voucher system. A customer can buy a voucher and pass it onto another customer that may not be able to pay for their drink or food.
We can’t wait to welcome you.